Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Marjie's Farm




"Marjie's Farm" 
(thanks Bob)
I ain't gonna work on Marjie's farm no more
No, I ain't gonna work on Marjie's farm no more
Well, I wake up in the morning
Fold my hands and pray for rain
I got a head full of ideas
But I’m livin’ with the insane
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor
I ain't gonna work on Marjie's farm no more.

I ain't gonna work for Marjie’s guard dog no more
No, I aint gonna work for Susie Doozie no more
Well, she hands you a nickel
She hands you a dime
She asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time
Then she fines you every time you slam the door
I ain't gonna work for Marjie's yap dog no more.

I ain't gonna work for Marjie's crew no more
No, I aint gonna work for Jabba Dabba Do no more
Well, she puts you on her work list
Adds demerits just for kicks
Her bedroom window
It is made out of bricks
The National Guard stands around her door
Ah, I ain't gonna work for Marjie Junior no more.

I ain't gonna go to Marjie's class no more
No, I ain't gonna sit and knit on my ass no more
Well, they turn on the tape
Then everyone takes a SNOoze
The Old Man talks about God and law
But they talk garden news
It’s 2015 but they think it’s fifty-four
I ain't gonna smile and be senile no more.

I ain't gonna live on Marjie's farm no more
No, I aint gonna live on Marjie's farm no more
Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored
I ain't gonna  live on Marjie's farm no more.




1 comment:

  1. Susie Doozie? Hey, I resemble that remark!

    ReplyDelete